Point Location Teaching Assistant
The successful candidate will work closely with the Point Location Team in the delivery of our Point Location curriculum. Candidates will also work indirectly with all other faculty members including Chinese Medicine/Western Medicine and the Personal and Professional Development teachers.
- Delivery of theoretical and practical skills as designated by the Point Location course leaders in accordance with the specific course aims and learning outcomes.
- To assist the course leaders in the teaching of ICOM specific point location techniques.
- Assistants will be expected to teach some Channel theory at the discretion and under the direction of the course leaders
- Contribute to course development
- Excellent, empathetic communication skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of the entire channel system including the internal pathways of the main channels and the pathways of the secondary channels.
- Excellent surface anatomy knowledge – both theoretical and palpatory
- Good IT skills – candidates will be required to use Microsoft Office 365 to maintain our online repositories
- A higher education teaching qualification is ideal but not essential
- Evidence of relevant Chinese Medicine related CPDs.
- Be able to work collaboratively and on one’s own initiative.
To apply please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to [email protected] by midnight on Sunday 12 September 2021.
Teaching commitments and rates of pay will be discussed with candidates at interview.