Ear Acupuncture: Integrating Auricular Therapy into Your Current Practice 8-9/2/2020
This is a 2-day practical interactive workshop that will enable you, as a participant, to learn how to integrate ear acupuncture and auricular therapy into your current clinical practice, gaining an insight into both the theoretical and practical basis for the integration of auricular acupuncture / therapy alongside your own professional discipline.
Student discount £175
12 in stock
Attending the workshop will enable you to develop new practical and patient handling skills, new acupuncture needling techniques and practical non-invasive treatment approaches to use with your clients. Traditional Chinese Acupuncture Models, Western anatomical models and Microsystems Acupuncture models of medicine will underpin and reinforce the course, and the use of up-to-date evidence based research and the tutors clinical experience supports all of the teachings.
The course is mapped to Skills for Health National Ocupational Standards for Microsystems Acupuncture.
- The anatomy of the ear.
- The location and function of a number of auricular acupuncture points, including the NADA protocol, The Battlefield Protocol, The new Anxiety protocol, Master points, and others.
- Non invasive treatment approaches and techniques such as ear seeds etc.
- How to use and integrate treatments into your current clinical practice to enhance treatments, speed your clients recovery, and improve clinical outcomes.
- Explore the research behind auricular acupuncture and how it can facilitate the body's own healing mechanisms in order to improve rehabilitation and recovery.
- Health and safety issues.
- Red flags and contraindications.
- First aid for common clinical events.
- As the course is a hands-on practical course, assessment is undertaken on a continuous basis by the tutor throughout the two days.
- As participants you will be working in pairs throughout the day.
- You must consent to give and receive treatments during the training.
- You must be over 18 years of age.
- There will be a maximum of 14 attendees on the course.
- You will receive on the day FREE; a stainless steel probe, a high quality practice silicone ear, a unique laminated ear acupuncture poster and a full set of colour notes, worth over £50.00.
- Venue: The International College of Oriental Medicine, Van Buren House, Green Hedges Avenue, East Grinstead, RH19 1DZ
- Dates: 8th and 9th of February 2020
- Time: 9am to 5pm
- 14 Hours CPD
- Price: £220 - Early bird discount £195 (if booked before 28/12/2019) - Student discount £175 (Students have to email: [email protected] to give evidence of their studies and receive their discount code)
This course is oriented to qualified acupuncturists that are registered with BAcC, ATCM, or BMAS (Non-UK professional Registers are also acceptable subject to appropriate evidence of membership and insurance) and it is open to final year acupuncture students of a BAAB accredited course. Please send evidence of qualification and membership to [email protected] before booking.
Tutor: Paul Blacker
Paul has been in practice for over 25 years and practices Acupuncture, Tuina (Chinese medical massage) sports massage, Qi Gong and dietary therapy. He is also first aid instructor for the RFU. He graduated in massage in 1993 and in acupuncture in 1997, and achieved his Masters in education in 2012. He runs two clinics in Kent, and specialises in sports injuries and ear acupuncture and addictions. He has taught acupuncture and massage for over 20 years, and has taught all aspects of Chinese Medicine, living anatomy, practitioner development and setting up in practice at colleges in the UK. He has published research in profession specific magazines. He has a special interest in mental health conditions such as anxiety, treating addictions such as smoking and cocaine use, treating acute and chronic injuries, helping chronic pain, treating Gynaecological issues such as painful periods and mood swings, and age related conditions such as arthritis. He worked for 10 years in the NHS and currently works in private practice in Kent. He is a fully qualified member of the British acupuncture council, the CNHC (complementary and natural health care council), the Institute For Learning, and the Higher Education Academy.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.