A gentle introduction to Qi skills for more effective needling. From a basis of Qi Gong and “hand skills” from bodywork, we will look at techniques from Classical Acupuncture that will refine and enhance your needling technique to make it more effective and reliable in clinic.
In this practical and experiential weekend workshop you will learn some of the most fundamental techniques of Classical Acupuncture, upon which most of the others are based, it doesn’t matter what “style” of Acupuncture you practice.
Because it is a very practical session, we will keep to a small group and you will be working either in pairs or groups of three. This will allow each of you to get enough practice and have some supervision.
It is intended that this will be the first in a series of workshops over the next couple of years on Classical Needling, and will be a prerequisite for the subsequent ones. We will try and structure the following workshops based on participant feedback.
Eligibility: This course is suitable for qualified Acupuncturists only.
Date: 18-19 February 2023 10am-4pm
Venue: International College of Oriental Medicine, Van Buren House, Green Hedges Avenue, East Grinstead, West Sussex RH19 1DZ
Places are limited to ensure social distancing.
Jinal Shah has over 21 years of experience as an Acupuncturist and longer as a bodywork therapist and practitioner of the internal arts and meditation.
After completing his initial training at ICOM, over the years he has studied Chinese Medicine with various prominent teachers in China, around Europe and the UK. Of those teachers, the ones that have had the most influence on him and his practice, particularly in relation to the content of this course are Dr Li Guo’an from the Shanghai University of Traditional Medicine, Dr. Edward Neal of the XingLin Institute, and Andrew Nugent-Head of the Association of Traditional Studies.
Cancellation policy for CPD course bookings
- Refunds for cancellations two or more months before the course commencement will incur a 15% administration fee.
- Refunds for cancellations between two months and two weeks before the course commencement will incur a 25% administration fee.
- Refunds for cancellations two weeks before the course commencement will incur a 50% administration fee.
- No refund will be given for no shows or cancellations upon the course commencement.
- Any amount overpaid by the student will automatically be refunded to the student’s account.